I have a lot of patterns; many of them are old (or “vintage”:)) and I will never use them. Plus, sizing before the 80’s is off, and is very frustrating to fit to modern sizes!:) I thought it would be fun if you could get new patterns for getting rid of old patterns without having to buy any! So, instead of just getting rid of them, I decided to follow after Angela, from Sew I Thought. Below are the rules, borrowed from her blog. I hope you guys participate in the fun!:) And check out Angela’s blog; it’s great!:)
- In order to be eligible to receive a pattern I am asking that you either become a follower, or post a link on your blog. If you link to me on your blog post the link in your comment so I can check out your blog and see what you are up to. Of course ideally I would ask that you send me a pattern in exchange but I know that’s not always possible so its not required
- Each person is allowed to request 2 patterns without sending me anything in exchange. Even if you plan on sending me something in exchange I still ask that you only request 2 patterns per week to give more people a chance to get in on the action!
- I will post 5 patterns per week. I ask that you leave a comment with the pattern number or numbers you would like and your e-mail address so I can e-mail you to get your info for mailing them. I suggest you write out your e-mail to avoid spammers getting a hold of it.
- I will be posting both modern and vintage patterns but since I have so many vintage patterns, newer ones would be preferable. If I get something from you I will do my best to post about it, and make it.
- I will do my best to check each pattern for completeness and post as much information with each pattern photo but don’t murder me if a sleeve facing is missing or something, okay?
- As I will paying the postage, I would prefer not to mail internationally, unless you are for sure going to send something in exchange .
1.Simplicity 9290, sizes 8-18 Uncut!2. McCalls 5724, one size dolls w/ sleeping bag and clothes.Uncut! 3.McCalls 8347, sizes 10-14. Uncut!
5. Vintage Sew Easy pattern for Chatty Cathy dolls. Date on pattern is 1962. Includes coat and hat, dress pajamas and robe. Uncut!
Like they say, one (wo)man’s trash is another (wo)man's treasure!:)