Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Man in the Mirror (or behind the camera)

Mens sewing patterns frustrate me. There isn’t much variety in what I’ve seen, nothing new or exciting, and half of the patterns aren’t anything my brothers would wear.  I mean, how many button down shirt patterns can you make?!

But, I’ve been thinking about some t-shirt designs lately and this is one of them. I’ve been wanting to try out the whole applique thing, and it seems to be a good  way of “decorating” a shirt without it seeming too girly or over decorated. And this shirt is brother-approved! I made it for my brother (also known as my camera man:)) and he actually likes it!

I started with a basic tee:

blog post HUGE 001 And turned it into this!:

blog post HUGE 020

blog post HUGE 038blog post HUGE 027   blog post HUGE 036blog post HUGE 028 blog post HUGE 035 blog post HUGE 034  blog post HUGE 032blog post HUGE 033  blog post HUGE 030

blog post HUGE 031

17 comments:

  1. really cool top!! love what you did to it <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did with what was a basic T. I think any young man would love to wear this. I think it is so great that you sew for your siblings and also that your brother is your camera man. How wonderful that you help each other out. That's the way it should be.

    Trudy
    www.sewingwithtrudy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!!! that's really cool!!!!
    i love it.
    great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a pretty cool tee. I like the simple lines you've added, and the zipper makes it unique. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the tshirt!!! :D cool blog!! follow u!!!

    so, look our blog and if you like it, follow us!!!

    www.sickbytrend.blogspot.com

    xx

    sBt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What a wonderful DIY project - that shirt looks awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow very impressive! You are so creative doll! hugs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, it's awesome that you are sewing for your brother! And no wonder he likes it so much, it's a very cool design...

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a really cool idea. I never would have thought to create such an interesting design and it looks like it came from some cool surfer/skater store!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's so cool.

    I made my first pajama shorts. I actually made two. I wear them to bed every night. I am so happy with them. I should probably make some pants soon as it the weather will start getting cold. Hope you'll come take a look. By the way, I am turning 10 this weekend.

    Emily
    http://sewingsister.blogspot.com/2010/09/my-cuz-came-over.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. that is very nice! does the zipper part open to a pocket?

    ReplyDelete
  12. love what u did here
    new follower xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. loving the photos, good inspiration!
    thanks for sharing as always
    i'll be back to see more from you
    come visit COSMICaroline!

    -COSMICaroline
    COSMICaroline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is such a cute idea!! genius :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! It truly makes my day!:):)
If you ask a question, I will answer it here or by e-mail if you leave your address!